D.A.V.O.L.U.T.I.O.N.I.Z.E.D

Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Ladies & Gentlemen......


Ladies & Gentlemen,








Last Monday Toastmaster Vice President Education smsed me and asked me whether i could be the invocator for the Chinese New Year and Valentine's Day meeting on Wednesday. I was so reluctant in doing it as it can be considered as a last min job. But i knew that i had to keep good relation with the Toastmasters in my job. Therefore, i accepted the invitation.


I took the challenge with the thoughts in my mind that with great effort and determination, i could do it. Before i started doing my speechwriting, i did some research on my topic. It is true when one say that a speech is only as good as the quality of research and reflection put into it. Just because you are a good speaker, doesnt make you a good speechwriter. When i started doing my speechwriting, i recalled the article by David Zielinski. He wrote that, ' one of the biggest mistake that novice speechwriters make is writing for the eyes rather than the ears.'




After that, i started practising my speech and tried to deliver it in a very professional manner with the advice given by my mentor, Danny Bong. Though it was not my first time delivering a speech at Toastmasters, i was still experiencing stage fright. During my practise, i knew that i had to make my 'butterflies' fly in a formation. As a result of this, i delivered the speech very well indeed.




My mentor commented that i had a very confidence speech with great body language and eyes contact. He also adviced me to work on my facial expression.





To me it was a personal success. It took me such a huge encouragement to deliver a good speech. Well if i hadnt agree to the Vice President Education's invitation, it would be a great disappointment in truth. Now, i truly believe that if one wanted to succeed in life, he/she must get out of this comfort zone and start doing what he/she should do. In order to receive a victorious outcome, perseverance is the only outcome. Thank you.





























posted by David Yuen @ 7:38 AM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Life's a secret.
About Me

Name: David Yuen
Home: Kuala Lumpur, Cheras, Malaysia
About Me: I am an ACCA student and a Toastmaster member in Sunway University College.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.

Links
  • link 1
  • link 2
  • link 3
  • link 4
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER