D.A.V.O.L.U.T.I.O.N.I.Z.E.D

Thursday, May 1, 2008
I'm In Love But You Don't Care
Ah, another entry on love and again. Remember the lines that go: And I'm aware...I'm in love but you don't care? Yep, you guessed it, my binding theme for this entry.

Honestly, I was quite hesitant to write about thisbecause I feel quite strongly about the said lines. I didn't want to trash it or do it such vile injustice.But I also thought a lot of people would more or lessrelate to this topic because I guess at some pointthey had once "loved" a person who seemed to beutterly clueless and oblivious to the his or heraffection. The one-sided phenomenon.

When you think you've fallen for someone, the only thing that seems to matter is for that person to approximately reciprocate the way you feel for him orher. You make that person like you. But sometimes that making-him-like-me process can be so excruciating!It's always a load of mind games and the over-analysisof things. Especially if you're like me who tends toshred everything into bits, every minute detail,nothing is spared. I view this so-called process as achallenge but sometimes, challenges aren't so fun anymore when the goal is too out of sight and out ofreach. It's like quicksand. The more you struggle, themore you sink. It's standing on shaky ground, or inthis case, no ground at all. No one's going to catchyou. Maybe it's only for the stalwart-hearted and thestrong-willed soul.


But in end, who enjoys pursuing someone who doesn'tseem to give a damn? Who enjoys being hurt all toooften? We reach a point where self-love enters the picture. We could choose to continue but we know we shouldn't. Maybe it's time to realize that note verything goes the way we it to regardless of how persistent we are.


I'm in love but you don't care. Maybe she does care.But not enough. Maybe she does find you wonderful and fun and nice. But not enough. And perhaps, she does like you. But not enough. It's not enough for her to let down her guard, to take a step closer. And knowingwith all that was said, that nothing is enough, youshould find in that enough reason to slowly let go.That you do deserve someone better. With love along with all its stupidity and beauty, there comes a point where you realize you don't want to listen to sad love songs, or watch drippy movies, or read schmaltzy stories, you want the real thing not a mere reflection of it. So there, it's time to stop. Stop not because you're hurting, not because you're sad, not because you're scared. BUT because YOU LOVE. More.

i really think you deserve more, David...

*********** *********** *********** *********** ********** ********** ******* ********

posted by David Yuen @ 10:46 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Life's a secret.
About Me

Name: David Yuen
Home: Kuala Lumpur, Cheras, Malaysia
About Me: I am an ACCA student and a Toastmaster member in Sunway University College.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.

Links
  • link 1
  • link 2
  • link 3
  • link 4
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER